Whether you are allergic to mold or not, you should always stay aware of mold growing in your home. And if possible, get it treated by a professional once in a while. There are many factors that determine the cost of mold removal. If you get your moldy house cleaned before it becomes an apocalypse then you will save some extra bucks.
Mold remediation cost depends on the place you want to get cleaned by professionals. On average it will take $13-$30 per square foot. This range will vary and depend on the place the professionals are cleaning. If the place is narrow and doesn’t have a much-moving place, then it might cost you more.
Mold can grow anywhere and cleaning it can be a real headache for you. Luckily Mold Removal Denver CO is here for you. We treat all kinds of mold to ensure the safety of you and your family. Want to get an estimation? Just give us a call.
In today’s post, we will discuss mold remediation cost per square foot and the other factors that determine mold removal cost.
So, stay with us, and let’s get started.
How Expensive Is It To Remove Mold?
The answer is both yes and no. How is that? Well, if you see moldy patches and clean them properly before it spreads to the whole house then it will not cost you that much. But delaying can cause you huge damage and spend more money on cleaning mold.
A lot of people don’t know that if you have a mold outbreak in your home, after a while it will spread out to the whole house if you don’t take the necessary steps right away. This mold outbreak can eventually destroy the structure of your house.
Mold is a great part of our nature, they help in breaking down dead leaves and animal bodies. Just like that, when they spread inside a home, day by day they break down everything. The process might be long in cases of houses, but the damage and compensation are huge.
Getting mold cleaned by professionals is the best way to get rid of it properly. Here is a price chart for you to understand. Note that, this price is just for having an idea about how much mold remediation costs.
|Location||Mold Range||Per sq. foot cost||Overall cost|
|Kitchen||50 sq. ft.||$13||$650|
|Bathroom||100 sq. ft.||$14||$1,400|
|Crawl space||100 sq. ft.||$15||$1,500|
|Attic||200 sq. ft.||$15||$3,000|
|Drywall||300 sq. ft.||$15||$4,500|
|Air ducts||200 sq. ft.||$16||$3,200|
|Basement||200 sq. ft.||$15||$3,000|
|Whole house||2,500 sq. ft.||$13||$32,500|
This chart is not constant. The pricing of each square foot will depend on the mold remediation company.
Kitchen Mold Remediation Cost Per Square Foot
The kitchen is the place where a lot of stuff happens at a time. If you find mold under your sink, there’s nothing to be surprised about. This is pretty common in every household.
Kitchen mold remedy is the most important chore as mold can get in touch with your food and make you sick.
- Kitchen mold removal per square foot will cost you around $13-$15.
- Replacing the kitchen wall costs around $5-$10 per square foot. And if you have any leakage that you want to get fixed, it will cost extra money.
- Concrete replacement or flooring will cost you around $2-$10 per square foot.
Need Help With Removing Mold? Get Professional Help Today!
Bathroom Mold Remediation Cost Per Square Foot
Some bathrooms are not that ventilated, and as a result, mold grows in them easily.
- Bathroom mold removal will cost you around $14-$20 per square foot.
- Bathroom drywall replacement will cost around $3-$10 per square foot.
- Plumbing or fixing leakage will cost you around $50-$100 per hour.
- Bathroom floor replacement $3-$8 square foot.
- Installing a dehumidifier will cost around $50-$400.
- Bathroom painting will cost you around $2-$5 per square foot.
Crawl Space Mold Remediation Cost Per Square Foot
Crawl space mold remediation will depend on how much mold is present there and how big the space is.
- The approximate cost for crawl space mold remediation will cost around $15-$20 per square foot.
- Plumbing will cost $80 per hour.
- Floor replacement is $2-$10 per square foot.
Attic mold remediation Cost Per Square Foot
The attic is not an easy place to clean. Poor ventilation can make it moldy easily.
- Attic mold remediation will cost you around $15-$30 per square foot.
- Leaked roof remediation will cost $250+
Drywall mold remediation cost per square foot
- Removing drywall mold will cost around $15-$30 per square foot.
- The painting will cost around $2-$5 per square foot.
Air Ducts Mold Remediation Cost Per Square Foot
- Air duct mold remedy will cost around $16-$50 per square foot.
- Replacing air ducts will cost around $250-$500.
- Surface insulation will be around $1-$10 per square foot.
Basement Mold Remediation Cost Per Square Foot
Mold growing in the basement is a very common problem.
- Base mold remediation will cost around $15-$30 per square foot.
- Drywall replacement will cost around $5-$10 per square foot.
- Wall insulation replacement will cost around $1-$2 per square foot.
- Leak fixing will cost around $80 per hour.
- Floor replacement will cost around $2-$10.
- Dehumidifier installation will cost around $1,000-$2,000.
- Replacing wall joints will cost around $50-$70+ per hour.
Whole House Remediation Cost Per Square Foot
Whole house remediation will take time and cost more. It will depend on the size of the house.
- If the mold is grown in huge numbers, then it will cost you around $10,000-$40,000.
- Window replacement will cost around $400 to more.
- Basement drainage system cleanup will cost $300-$1,000
Black Mold Remediation Cost
Black mold can lead to some serious health issues. So, it is always mandatory to get rid of them with the help of professionals. Black mold removal will cost you around $15-$30 per square foot. And the overall cost will be around $500-$5,000, depending on the house.
Our advice would be that you take black mold seriously and take the necessary steps right away. This will also help you to reduce the overall cost.