Mold grows in damp places when they get their ideal growing situation. If provided with moisture, a food source and oxygen mold will become your home’s uninvited guest, who doesn’t want to leave at all. You can clean mold with some steps, but the question remains how long after cleaning mold is it safe?

After cleaning mold, you should at least give it 24-48 hours to dry up. This time is required to see if the cleaned place is affected with mold again or not. Though it might sound like too much time, but you should be patient to ensure a healthy home space for you and your loved ones.

Mold is a part and parcel of our environment. We cannot ignore mold completely, but a healthy home place won’t grow molds if we are careful. Some molds can invade your home and you should seek out the help of professionals to get rid of them.

Here at Mold Removal Denver CO we treat all kinds of mold to ensure the utmost security for your home. Contact us if you have any kind of queries regarding molds. We are always here to help you out.

In today’s post we will discuss how long after cleaning mols it is safe and also some great tips to keep your household mold free.

So, let’s get started.

Need Help With Removing Mold? Get Professional Help Today!

Why Do Molds Grow?

You might wonder why we are giving you the basic ideas about mold. Well, molds are pretty common in nature and sometimes our household becomes affected with molds too no matter how conscience we stay about it.

So, to treat or remove mold we have to start with the basics, why do molds grow?

Mold is a fungus that lives in nature. It helps to break down dead bodies of animals and plants. So, they are very important for our ecosystem. They can grow almost anywhere if they are provided with the ideal environment that they require.

You might wonder why mold grew in your home, they grow up because they found a food source, oxygen, damp environment somewhere in your home.  For reproduction, mold grow and release spores. Sometimes they become air borne and they can affect anyone in your home who have allergy.

How To Know If You Have A Mold Problem?

You can visually see molds in your home. Sometimes they grow up on areas that are not that visible to our eyes. They can appear as fuzzy, slimy patches. You can instantly recognize mold because they are not supposed to be in your home in the first place.

Still, if you want to stay sure about mold, remember this, mold can grow anywhere with a damp environment. Look out for pipelines, water sources, water leakage, closed rooms, closed washrooms, low ventilated rooms or washrooms, kitchen sink. Also look behind your furniture to make sure there is no mold growth.

You should always monitor these places in your home to keep an eye on mold-

  • Damp rooms.
  • Low ventilated washrooms.
  • Pipelines that are going through in your houses.
  • Kitchen sink.
  • Water leakage.
  • Behind furniture.
  • Closed rooms.
  • Refrigerator door seal.
  • Shower curtains.
  • Narrow places that don’t get any air flow or sunlight.

Cleaning Mold

There are some things you can do to clean mold. You can clean mold if you have a small amount of mold in your home. But if you see mold invasion in your home, it is better for you seek out the help of professionals.

If you see moldy patches in your home, you can do these things to clean mold.

  • Detect all the areas that have mold in your home.
  • If you have large quantity of mold then you should seek out the help of professionals, cause huge patches of molds are likely to make you sick.
  • Wear protectives such as gloves and goggles to keep yourself safe.

Now you can do two things to clean mold, with vinegar and bleach. We would suggest you use vinegar to clean mold easily.

  • Pour vinegar in a spray bottle and mark the moldy patches.
  • Spray vinegar thoroughly on mold and let it soak for at least 30 minutes.
  • After 30 minutes or 1 hour, rub the moldy surface with a scrub, do not forget to wear gloves.
  • Rinse with water.
  • And let it get dry, this will take some time.

How Long After Cleaning Mold Is It Safe?

It depends on the surface you are cleaning and the amount of time it takes to let it dry. We would recommend you wait for at least 24-48 hours.

This time period is important because you have to see that the mold you have just cleaned is growing back again or not.

Sometimes molds grow back after you have just cleaned it, some molds are like that. Its better to wait then getting sick by molds.

How Quickly Can Mold Make You Sick?

This depends on the amount of exposure you have with mold. Sometimes it takes time to develop the symptoms after getting exposed to mold. A lot of factors are behind this to develop such symptoms.

For people with allergy and sensitivities, they can develop symptoms faster than other people. And every people react to mold differently. If you are allergic to pollens and dirt, it is possible for you to develop get sick with molds faster.

The amount of mold also determines how faster you are going to develop or get sick by mold exposure. The time of exposure also matters. Suppose you are sitting in a moldy house for a longer period of time, you might get sick after a while, and you might even feel nauseous, or you are likely to keep on sneezing.

You might develop these symptoms after getting exposed to mold.

  • Irritation in nasal ways.
  • Coughing.
  • Watery eyes.
  • Sneezing.
  • Itchy.
  • Wheezing.
  • Skin irritation.
  • Mild headache.
  • If you have asthma, you will feel shorter in breath.

Molds are gross and they can make anyone sick. It is our duty to keep our households mold free for us, and our loved ones.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *